Wednesday, December 19, 2007

kelp soup

yum.

i simply do not know what to say today. lunch was certainly a feast for the eyes. and the condiments? -- to die for.
where are my green vegetables???



i take back what i said yesterday about the spoon. i got one today. two days in a row something served in my special polish bowls.



i think it's sea kelp again. definitely brine shrimp. the kind that we used to feed the newts. watery, yet with a mild fishy taste. and not so warm. but definitely glisteny. i guess the floaty little green things are my veggies today.



and these glistened, too. for deep fried zhu rou, chinese cabbage (bai cai - yah, it's all pretty much the same to me) pieces and moh gu, it tasted pretty good. but verrrrrry greasy. what really gets me is the choice in condiment. i actually still have a few bottles of american HEINZ ketchup in the chinese fridge (and in the pantry). ketchup wouldn't be my first choice (or even my fourth). i wonder if these were left over from last week's takeout. i certainly dont see ayi smuggling in mccormick ketchup packets...

Posted by Picasa

No comments: